Monday, April 20, 2009

My Carr-Hall Family Tree

The following photo is my gr-gr-great grandfather, Andrew Johnson Crockett on my mother's side of the family. A family member said in the photo with Andrew was his cane that he carved him. The carving was that of a snake's head. He was the son of Asher Crockett the American Revolutionary War soldier of Hampshire Co., VA (now West Virginia). Who later after his marriage to Sarah Blankenship moved to Cabell Co., VA (now part of Wayne Co., West Virginia). Andrew had a brother, Peter Crockett who married Nancy Spurlock and they lived in the state of Kansas and raised their family there. I'm descended from Andrew's son, John Wesley Crockett and his wife Polly Stafford and their daughter Eliza Jane Crockett. Eliza married Samuel Lee Blankenship, son of Levi J. Blankenship, a soldier of the War of 1812. I'm fascinated by the American Revolution and the War of 1812. It's not understood why the U.S. got into another war with Britain in the first place and the war was never really resolved as with most wars. Strange enough that the treaty to end that war was signed at Ghent, Belgium. John Wesley Crockett was a soldier in the American Civil War in Ferguson's Battalion under Capt. Spurlock.

Samuel & Eliza had a daughter Mollie Blankenship who was my grandmother. She married Jubal Stanley "Robert" Hall on 29th Dec. 1919. They had a daughter Donna R. Hall who is my mother. She is their 7th child of 7 daughters. Mom married Darrell A. Carr, my dad. This blog is in memory of my dad who passed away Oct. 27, 2008. The son of Wesley Homer Carr and Gladys M. Vandall who preceded him in death.

To view The Carr-Hall Family Tree click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment